Eat Pray Love ✌ and how it made me realise just how far I have come!

Tonight, after a long day, I snuggled up on the sofa and watched Eat Pray Love for the first time. Although it was not the most engaging plot or action filled sequence, it has been the most thought triggering film I have seen for a long time and for that reason I would recommend watching it, if you haven't already!

In summary, Julia Roberts divorces her husband and goes on a year long trip to Italy, India and Rome in order to find herself and to find that something that has been missing in her life in the city in order to keep breathing each day. It told the story of a pained, broken, lost lady becoming strong, independent and at peace with the world. It also showed how once your heart has been broken, it can be difficult to want to take a risk and fall in love again.

It echoed my life over the past year and a half. Just like in the movie, my heart was broken and I honestly and truly thought I would never love again. I really thought I would never get over it. It took four months to go on a date after the break up and even then i wasn't ready, it wasn't the right thing to do. Then after a summer on my own, living my single life i found the value of things i had been oblivious to until that moment. My friends... My career, my ability, my potential and how i am a person, with or without a boyfriend. I felt invincible and fearless. I was stronger and more charismatic and full of life than I even was during the relationship. I could do life.

And then September arrived and so did the boys. I went on a couple of dates but this one man caught my attention over the rest. But I was scared. I was scared I would lose the part of me I had just fixed and found. I didn't want to return to the version of myself I was previously. I nearly ran from commitment so many times and it was only because he was determined but also patient that I stayed. So, I took a risk and I remember the excitement and the butterflies off falling in love again, the proudness of walking out as a couple in public, the closeness of a mans body pressing against mine and the tender touch of lips planting a delicate kiss on mine. The magic returned, even after I was convinced it would never. I even questioned the existence of love.

Its now been ten months since entering the relationship with this amazing, loyal man and we are stronger than ever. He has become my best friend, my rock and my world. But, mostly importantly to me, I have not lost what I found and what I felt when I was single that summer. My gorgeous man supports me to be my own person, and encourages me to reach for the stars. I haven't lost myself. I have just grown as a person, but am lucky enough to say that I have a wonderful man who holds me all night and wraps me up in love and care whilst I am learning how to live life. We say life is our adventure and we have to live it together and that is exactly what we do.

Eat Pray Love perfectly summarised my life journey of spiritual discovery and how a heart can always be fixed so that we can fall in love in the magical way we did before.
So my message to you is that it will be fine, you just need to wait until the time is right and you will know from inside when that time is. You cannot expect a man to fix you, you have to fix yourself first. Only your heart can tell you when its time to take a risk, and trust me, it will.

Much love,
Silver xxx

Comments

Popular Posts