Life Advice: Leaving School

This week blogspot has been overrun with posts about leaving school and being afraid of changes and what the future will bring. I'm 21 as you know, so I have been at this stage a time or two when I left school but also when I had to leave college. I thought I would offer some advice and general thoughts just to hopefully put your minds at ease.

Well there was a point when I was at school on the last day where it hit me. I was in the girls toilets, peeing when suddenly I realised I was no longer forced to do education. I think now in the UK you have to stay in education until your 18... Is that right? Well when I left 5 years ago, you were a free agent as they say. Some people had jobs lined up, others didn't and most like me were planning to go to college to do A-Levels. But I sat and thought wow, its now my decision whether I study or not, not the governments. That scared me I will be honest.

However I had this epic plan that I would fly through my A-levels with ease like I did my GCSEs and go to vet school. Nonetheless, nothing ever goes as planned. My years in college were horrendous. I hated most of my teachers (which was a shock because I was always one of those boring nerds who loved school) and I didn't do that well to be honest because of it. Bye bye vet school.

But, and its a big but. Thanks to a few individuals that believed in me, I didn't give up. Lets fast forward to present day, two years after leaving college, I am studying for my Bachelor of Science and i can honestly say I love my course. It is practically made for me! It isn't veterinary no, but its similar and I am planning to apply to vet school to complete a Masters Degree!

The point of this post is that no matter how much you plan, what actually happens is usually different. What will be, will be. If someone told me what I would be doing with my life when I was 16 I would have thought it was all nonsense because I was set on one route and I didn't consider anything else. But what I have learnt is that something will always come along, maybe not straight away but at the right time. That my sisters, is fate in progress. So to all of you worrying about the future, take a deep breath and relax! It will all unfold before your eyes when the time is right. Whether that's in the  form of a job, a qualification or an opportunity. Just let time do its thing and live each day as it comes because no matter how much you worry, it will never actually alter anything.

I hope this helps.

Stay strong sisters, Silver xxxx

Comments

  1. I love this! Thank you for the advice I will remember it when I need it!!

    Jade

    http://www.accidentallyjade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following my blog and commenting on this post. It means so much to me, thank you :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Love this advice thank you!!

    xx aubsmeetsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, thanks for commenting :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I've never been much of a 'planner' and have just always gone with the flow that way I don't think you can get let down from expectations! :) http://www.coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree but you have to have some sort of expectation in order to set a standard. Don't settle for anything less that you deserve! xxx

      Delete
  4. I love your blog, it is such a unique idea! You also have an amazing writing style x

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments! I'm glad you enjoyed visiting and thank you, it means a lot! :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Such a nice advice! It certainly is terrible when thing don't go according to plan, but when you really want something, you try to fight for it, even if you have to turn in a different road! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment! I always say that things happen for a reason, often for the best so when terrible times happen, just know that something good is on its way. Stay strong sister xxxx

      Delete
  6. I feel no one can make us feel what we do not want to feel! And life is what happens when we are busy making other plans. U write well! Much love
    Chichistashan.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I agree that we need to spend time enjoying ourselves and not taking things too seriously that we cannot control :) xxx

      Delete
  7. Thank You so much for coming to my blog (lilianndehn.blogspot.com) and I am so glad I came across You. I completely agree with You! I had same. All my life I thought I will be a medicine doctor, but I failed my exams. I went study chemistry but it wasn't it. I failed again. I had year behind. But from this year I will study law and I think that right now I will find happines in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment, it means so much to me. I suppose people forget that i'm a real girl with a real heart! Good luck in your studies. I too had to go back a year and looking back, I understand why. I really believe things happen for a reason and they also happen when the time is right! Stay strong and keep believing :) xxx

      Delete
  8. You're going to do what I dreamed of doing, it's too late for me as I have bills to pay so couldn't leave work, but I think it's good children stay at school in till they're 18 as it really gives them time to think about what they really want to do, wish I had that chance as I have just figured it out.

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    'Why Have one, When you can have two?//Apparel Candy Review*'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never say its too late! Its never too late. If the opportunity for you isnt there at the moment its only because it isnt quite the right time... When the right time catches you up, you will have the opportunity to live your dreams. Just dont stop believing it! :) thank you for commenting and reading xxx

      Delete
  9. Great advice! I need reminding of this more often than not as a very Type A person!
    xMC
    http://mc2squared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a worrier too but hopefully by being aware that despite how much you worry it never changes anything, you should be able to reason with your inner voice and control your worries a bit better :) Thank you for reading and commenting... it means a lot xxx

      Delete
  10. This is so fun to read<3 I am in love with your style. thanks for sharing:) Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting and reading! And yes, I am following your blog :) xxx

      Delete
  11. I totally agree :) We always worry so much about the future and most times there's no point.. I really enjoyed reading this post, I love your writing style!

    http://www.fineclic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, it means a lot to know you enjoyed it! Exactly true! We miss so many happy times because we are busy worrying! So hopefully by being aware of this, worry will be easier to control. Many thanks for visiting! xxx

      Delete
  12. You're welcome, it means so much to me that I have helped someone! Stay strong and don't stop dreaming! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts