Life Update: Road To Success and Learning To Drive

If you have followed my blog so far you will have seen that I am trying to better myself while I have the unfortunate fate of being single. I have tackled things I would have never been able to do a couple of months ago and i am really starting to like who I am which is a massive achievement for me!

However, tomorrow I am facing the biggest challenge yet. I have my first driving lesson! I am 21 but I have kept making excuses and putting it off since I was 17 because i'm nervous and I suppose I just didn't feel quite ready. And I have to be honest.., I am still so so so scared!

What am I scared of you may ask? Not being able to drive... Looking an idiot in front of the instructor... Hating it... Struggling... Panicking! Its a life skill which I need to be good at and so what if I am not? What happens then? Its all so new and different to anything I have done before and I am more of an academic than a practical person.

Nonetheless, I will take a deep breath and face up to it tomorrow when he picks me up from the bottom of my drive. Gosh, my anxiety level is so high just thinking about it... I get where everything feels unreal, like its not really happening. That's where I am now.

Any advice would be much appreciated and I will let you know how it goes...

Much love, Silver xxx

Comments

  1. I know exactly how you feel!! I 'attempted' to get my license when I was 15 but I just kept on pushing it off and avoiding having to go to get my learners permit. Finally one day when I was 17 I just told my mom to take me to take the test after school (after countless times of asking). I passed my test on the first try but now I had to face taking the actual drivers test. I was so scared of failing and not passing the test or just being absolutely horrible at it. When my mom would take me out to practice I used to get small panic attacks and I wouldn't even pay attention to the road!! and every time there was a car next to me I would flinch and my heart would start racing. To be honest driving isn't hard at all! You just have to make sure to pay attention to the road. I think the idea of it is much more frightening then the actual thing. I'll be honest it took me 3 tries to get my license. I felt so bad for a while as if it was such a bad thing that I didn't pass it on the first time but truth is passing it on the first try doesn't make you any less of a good driver. Don't worry about it too much :) Practice makes perfect and no one is an amazing driver when they are first starting out. Good luck :)

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts