Can We Live A Life Without Regrets?


I have a friend. She is in her 70s but amazingly she only seems like a middle aged lady to talk to. She has moved on with the times and the generations, trying out new fashion trends and she takes good care of herself with lots of beauty products that she tries out. We talk about life and love a lot and she said something that I cant quite get out of my head. She said that you cannot live life without having regrets.

Can you live life with no regrets? I don't regret the decisions I have made so far in my life. There have been plenty of difficult times, times I wish hadn't have had to happen but in hindsight I can see why they had to happen when they did and I can see how I had to go through tough times so that I can learn from them. As they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I don't want to go on forever but I am not just talking about relationships and regret, this applies to all aspects of life such as work, education, deaths... I really am a believer that things happen for a reason. I believe that I am supposed to be single at the moment so that I can focus on my degree, my career and building my friendships. Love would be too much of a distraction at the moment. When the time is right we will all meet someone and if it is meant to be, it will be! That's how I am planning on living life from now on. Fate is in control, not me!

So regrets...? Are they something you will always have in life or does it depend on how you perceive bad fortune or bad decisions? The way I see it is that you have two decisions, to either turn a negative into a positive and learn from it or let the regrets weigh you down for the rest of your life and never move on from them... That's what I think!

Let me know what you think?! This is such a controversial post, I think it may be cool to write a follow up based on your comments but for me to do that I need you to comment!

Thanks for reading :)


Silver xxx

Comments

  1. There are certain things I regret, like saying something hurtful to someone due to an outburst and being at the wrong place at the wrong time. However, I completely agree with learning from your mistakes and what happens to you. Honestly I don't think I would be who I am if I didn't trip up and do something I regret once in awhile... So I guess I don't really know where I stand not this! I have to think about this more!!

    Great post!!!

    www.accidentallyjade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jade! Thanks for your comment and kind words. It means so much that people are taking the time to read my posts. I totally agree... I regret doing and saying some things to people but since then I have tried to put them right and make a better situation of the one I made if that makes sense! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I just came back to say thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. It really made me relax and to just try and let things happen, it couldn't have come at a better time than now. so thank you x
    as for this blog post I gotta say that Jadey really took the words from my mouth (but formulated it better of course.) I have to think more about it since I've never really thought about it they way you framed it in this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyy, thank you for your comment too :) And I am glad my comment helped. Thats what i have found in life, that no matter how much you worry about something it wont change it. What will be will be :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Great post! I always try to live by the phrase, everything happens for a reason. However I feel like I still regret some things, but maybe these mistakes have made me into a better person.

    Prettyperfectxoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my post! I agree that everything happens for a reason. The mistakes we make, makes us the person we are! xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts