My 21st Birthday Awakening





I know I say this far too many times; Like at birthdays, Christmases, New Years but today really is the start of my new life. I have turned the page. I'm not even going to mention the last chapter. Its not important anymore and its not what I want. I wanted a new chapter, a new page and a new start and that's what I have now finally.

This last half term I have been so very happy, with people I didn't realise I had and people who obviously think a lot of me. 

The thing is there is no point going over the past and wondering what if. Tomorrow is a new day and I am in control of it. From now on I will embrace life. When I get opportunities instead of backing away from them I will start to say yes. I don't have love in my life from a man but I have lots of love from mum, family and friends and they love me. I am loved and one day someone will love me and want to love me forever. He will be perfect and handsome and charismatic and charming. I will find love again. I will be in love again. But i'm not desperate and I will never be a slut so until I meet this special person I have to focus on my career, my friends and my family. 

Those who matter are the ones who care about me. Those who don't care about me aren't worth my time, thoughts and definitely not my tears. I am a strong independent woman and I can do this. I will rock life and I will be happy. As someone said, it may be a blessing in disguise and I am starting to believe it. I can do this. I feel like I have found myself again and I have never felt so empowered.


There is more to life and I need to start living while I have the chance. I hate the phrase but as they say, you only get one shot at life so I might as well live it. Why? Because I can and why shouldn't I! 

Silver xxx

Comments

  1. very well-written. Life is too short to hang on to something/someone in the past. There are so many new adventures out there and we just have to reach out to get them.

    Shopping Obsession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting :D Exactly true... we just have to be brave to act on opportunities and take risks in order to find a better life and happiness in other things :) xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts